FloGrappling IBJJF Grand Prix results: Tainan Dalpra dominates Isaque Bahiense for 30 minutes
View the full FloGrappling IBJJF Grand Prix results, featuring a main event between Tainan Dalpra and Isaque Bahiense.
On Friday, March 3, the IBJJF returned to Austin, Texas for an evening of world-class gi jiu-jitsu.
In the 30-minute main event, top pound-for-pound gi competitor Tainan Dalpra dominated Dream Art’s Isaque Bahiense, running up a score of 19-2 as he controlled the vast majority of the action from top side control. The Art of Jiu-Jitsu athlete occasionally returned to half-guard, only to pass again to earn an additional three points or move to knee-on-belly to score two more.
Perhaps the most dramatic moments of the match came in the final minutes when Dalpra had amassed three penalties for passivity. Never once in danger of Bahiense’s attacks, Dalpra did find himself at the risk of being disqualified, if he had been given another passivity penalty.
The card also featured a pair of four-person grand prix tournaments. In women’s heavyweight action, Nathiely De Jesus returned from an extended leave of absence following the birth of her child to defeat Andressa Cintra and Ana Carolina Vieira, both on points.
And in the men’s lightweight grand prix, Art of Jiu-Jitsu’s Johnatha Alves took out Elijah Dorsey and rival Andy Murasaki to capture gold.
Check out the full results and highlights below.
FloGrappling IBJJF Grand Prix results and highlights:
- Tainan Dalpra def. Isaque Bahiense via points
- Ronaldo Junior def. Fancisco Lo via advantages
- Janaina Lebre def. Nathalie Ribeiro via points
Women’s heavyweight grand prix
- Nathiely De Jesus def. Andressa Cintra via points
- Ana Carolina Vieira def. Melissa Cueto via advantages
- Melissa Cueto def. Andressa Cintra via decision (for third place)
- Nathiely De Jesus def. Ana Carolina Vieira via advantages (for GP championship)
Men’s lightweight grand prix
- Johnatha Alves def. Elijah Dorsey via points
- Andy Murasaki def. Carlos Henrique via submission (bow and arrow choke)
- Elijah Dorsey def. Carlos Henrique via points (for third place)
- Johnatha Alves def. Andy Murasaki via decision (for GP championship)