Fury Grappling 3 Results and Highlights: Sean Brady Upsets Craig Jones
Fury Grappling 3 took place on Thursday, December 30, live from Philadelphia, PA. The card featured a number of active UFC fighters competing in submission-only matches, and in a surprising result, ADCC silver medalist Craig Jones was upset by current UFC welterweight contender Sean Brady. In the main event, top UFC strawweight contender Carla Esparza suffered a deep facial cut in her match against BJJ black belt Danielle Kelly, forcing an early end to the contest.
The co-main event between Jones and Brady saw Jones playing from his trademark z-guard for minutes at a time, while Brady patiently worked from top position. Brady showed excellent awareness to avoid any real trouble while consistently attacking front headlocks from top half guard. Ultimately, Jones was never able to mount any serious attack, and Brady was awarded the upset decision.
This was Jones’ first loss in competition since 2020.
“Honestly we didn’t really feel anything from each other, no one really got past each others frames so it’s really hard to determine what happened, what could happen,” Jones said after the match.
And in the main event, Esparza was only able to work from inside Kelly’s closed guard for a few minutes before lifting Kelly, slamming her down, and causing a deep cut on her brow as a result of the impact. The match was quickly called off, as Esparza was gushing blood.
Fury Grappling 3 results and highlights:
- Danielle Kelly def. Carla Esparza via injury (cut)
- Sean Brady def. Craig Jones via decision
- Joe Solecki def. Donald Cerrone via submission (rear-naked choke)
- Clay Guida def. Billy Quarantillo via decision
- Renato Moicano def. Chase Hooper via decision
- Nick Rodriguez def. Steve Mowry via submission (rear-naked choke)
- Joaquim Silva def. Neil Magny via submission (guillotine choke)
- Jonathan Piersma def. Philip Rowe via decision
- Alex Caceres def. Eddy Torres via submission (rear-naked choke)
- Kody Hamrah def. Kevin Holland via decision
- Andre Petroski def. Phil Hawes via decision
- Gillian Robertson def. Chrissy Briggs via decision